Monday, April 30, 2012

email: April 30, 2012

This has been a crazy week for me. It was transfer week so we knew that Elder Faka'Osi was leaving us so that was sad to see him leave. I am so burnt today from playing disk golf all day today. We played 36 holes of it; I can say that I am officially addicted to it. I am actually pretty good at it too!

We rode about 67 miles this week but we have been teaching a lot lately it seems. Jessica and Demetrius that we have been teaching came to sacrament meeting and stayed for all three hours of church!  They are so solid though, we have an appointment with them on Wednesday so hopefully we will have a good lesson with them. We invited them to be baptized so hopefully they will accept it. Mary, our other investigator, is slowly progressing. She is having doubts about things because her daughter is taking the discussions as well but she has stopped talking to her completely. She started to blame it on the Mormon faith but then she realized that it has to be her and not the teachings of the church. She loves us though, she drops stuff of to us all the time! 

I am learning a LOT about using my time wisely. It is weird that every hour of my day is planned. As a 19 year old kid, that is crazy. However, it is a good learning experience to learn how to do that. My mission president puts a huge emphasis on using time wisely so I am making it a priority. I love being a missionary even though it is really hard sometimes.

One funny and scary story though before I finish. Elder Chambers and I were riding home from an appointment with a less active kid that we teach. It was almost 9 when we left his house so we rode home in the dark. As we are riding down the street, we see this huge white dog that started to zig-zag between us when we rode up to him. Suddenly, he takes off after me! He's nipping at my heels, chasing me down the street. I was pounding the pedals as hard as I could! Finally I rode enough to where he gave up but I rode almost a quarter of a mile before he stopped chasing me. I was kinda CRAZY but we laughed about it afterwards. The scary story is that I almost got ran over by a car on Wednesday night... Luckily, I have a good bike so I stopped before she hit me. It was late at night and she didn't see me when I went through the intersection. The lady was NOT happy. I didn't care because I was so happy about our BOMB lesson with Jessica and Demetrius when we invited them to be baptized!  

Love you!

Your missionary son

No comments:

Post a Comment