Monday, April 2, 2012

email: April 2, 2012

Do you think we will eventually get to a point in Drew's mission when we aren't actively monitoring our email accounts on Monday so that we know the exact moment that his email arrives?  If we ever do get to that point, we aren't there yet.  Here are some highlights from his email this week:

This week didn't go as well as last week did. We have talked to a ton of people but we haven't found any new investigators yet. It's been kind of depressing... But I'm not losing faith. It's hard when the other missionaries we live with don't get up on time or follow every rule like we do and they are seeing more success than us. However, it has been a good week with General Conference. Nothing too crazy happened but it was a good, long work week. 


He also included an experience from his first week that he had forgotten to tell us about:


We were out tracting before a dinner appointment and we went to this park to talk to people. We talked to this dad that was part of a group called Rock Autism. So we went and asked if there was a way for us to get a shirt and support the group. I wanted to be a part of it because of Emma [his cousin on the Tonini side] and so we did. The guy that runs the group is actually LDS so we got hooked up with shirts then we went and were a part of their PSA that they were shooting! Its probably on YouTube so you can watch it :)

Now, just in case you think a month in the mission field has already changed Drew, think again.  There is still some of that little kid under that white shirt and tie:

So we went to the store today and I got a computer for my bike so I can keep track of all my miles that I ride. Dad will LOVE all the stats I will send him.  I also bought stuff to make a scripture box out of a cearal box. It's a very popular thing for missionaries to do so I'm going to do it. I will send pictures of it when I finish it. It is going to be SWEET. I have some news for you. Drum roll please....... I cut my hair for the first time this morning! A family in my ward gave me a set of clippers so I buzzed my head :) it was pretty sastifying, if I don't say so myself. It was really easy actually and it looks pretty good!

You may remember last week Drew talked about a freelance photographer asking to take some pictures of him and his companion.  To be honest, it concerned me a little bit but Drew sent us copies of the pictures and they are pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment