Tuesday, July 3, 2012

email: July 3, 2012

Elder Larson and Elder Tonini
at the Redlands Temple
Sorry I did not get to email y’all yesterday, it was a super full day! We helped Victor move his friend that moved in down the street to us. It really meant a lot to him so it was well worth it. So let me tell you about my week. It was been another very full week for me. 

I told you that Elder Scoffield went home last Monday so Elder Bingham was companionless. President got a mini missionary to come and be his companion for a week. He about drove me INSANE. He would eat all my food when his parents bought him food! He drank a FULL two liters of root beer and ate my chicken nuggets. Then to add insult to injury, he used my electric razor! GAHH! I about lost it. He then fell asleep in the middle of a lesson with an investigator. That about drove me crazy. He is gone now and Elder McKee is here. He is a Canadian and a really super guy. 

We have another baptism on Saturday! Victor is getting in the water after five years of the O'Hara family working with him. I am super excited about it! Sister O'Hara reminds me a lot of you, Mom, just in the way she acts and her huge heart. She would give the shirt off her back for someone, just like you would. That goes to show that LDS mothers are the BEST! Victor has been the highlight of my mission here in Beaumont. He is already talking about the getting the priesthood and going to the temple. Looks like I will be seeing one of my recent converts go to the temple in a year! And another funny thing is that Victor and Tammy have gotten really good friends. Austin O'Hara called us the matchmakers! I thought it was super funny! 

Now the sad part... one of our investigators has started to fall off the map. She has fallen back into smoking, drinking, and her old ways. She then tries to blame it on the missionaries and saying that she doesn't want anything to do with the Church anymore. She gets easily offended and she makes me feel like I am a failure of a missionary... And I have felt like I am a failure of a missionary. So I have been dealing with that all week and it has gotten me really depressed. However, we went to the temple today so that helped SO much. I love going to the temple. 

Jessica and Demetrius tried out a new church on Sunday and that made me really nervous. So needless to say, I have been worried and they were the focus of my fast. Keep them and Mary in your prayers for me.

I love y’all so much! Keep me updated on things that are going on! Have a wonderful week :) 


Elder Tonini

No comments:

Post a Comment