Monday, June 25, 2012

email: June 25, 2012

I have had a really good week. Elder Larson and I are working so well together. We teach really well and we get along even better. Even though he is quite different from me (he is very artsy and musically inclined) we feed off of each other. We now have four people with a date for baptism! We found this young guy that is really interested in what we have to teach. We came back and we invited him to be baptized and he accepted! Daniel has had a rough past; in and out of prison, drugs, gang banging, the whole nine yards. He really wants to change his life and we told him that this is a way to do it. We are really excited about him and want the best for him. 

Remember Victor? Well we finally have him a baptismal date as well! He were super excited about it because we have been working with him for months and nothing has happened. We finally got blunt with him and told him that if he wants all these good things in life (a family, a good wife, ect.) he needs to be baptized. He is a southern boy and he is very stubborn but he finally recognize that this is something he needs to do so he accepted it. We are super excited about it all. 

Jessica and Demetrius are doing well, we didn't meet with them this week but hopefully this next week. We also went to a wedding for a guy in our community. We helped him out a lot and he invited us to his wedding. It was super crazy but we were glad we went. I will send pictures :)

Elder Scoffield went home today... That was super rough for me because I have gotten so close to him. He was the person I turned to for everything at home. It was hard to see him leave but I know that he was needed at home. For some reason, President told him on Thursday he will be going home on Monday. That threw all of us for a loop. So needless to say, last night and this morning have been rough for me to see him go. He is such a good guy, he is someone that I will keep in touch with for the rest of my life. 

Mary blew up on us these past two days... And it is mainly my fault. We told her that we would come over two days in a row and we didn't because we got tied up in other things. I felt so bad and apologized to her for it and she still blew up on me. It kinda got me angry but then again, I deserve it because I wasn't doing what I was supposed to do. So needless to say, I will be trying to fix that whole mess this week.

On a positive note, we went on a hike today into the mountains and it was BEAUTIFUL! I loved it! I got so many cool pictures. I will send them to you. Other than that, I am doing okay, working hard. Everything else is going well, no more bike issues. Keep me in your prayers and thoughts. I love you all!

Elder Tonini

No comments:

Post a Comment