Thanks to Skype, we were able to talk and see Elder Tonini yesterday for Mother's Day. And apparently, he told us all there was to tell us because we didn't get an email from him today.
The highlights from the call include:
- We learned that his companion, Elder Chambers goes home in five weeks.
- He doesn't iron his shirts. They just put them back in the dryer to fluff them. He has already worn holes in two pairs of slacks because of all the time on the bike.
- He is unaware of any qualification process that he needs to complete as a junior companion. Perhaps with Teach My Gospel and no language to learn, juniors don't need to do anything to become a senior companion.
- His camera is too big. When I reminded him that he is there to preach the Gospel and not take vacation photos, he quickly changed the subject.
- Disk golf is the primary activity on p-day. Last week they played 54 holes.
I think his sibling were as excited to talk to him as he was to talk to us. Everyone posted on Facebook within an hour of talking to him!