Monday, September 24, 2012

email: September 24, 2012

Subj: It was a "Dust in the Wind" Kind of Week.
Wow, that was a busy week! The weeks fly by when things are busy. I loved the pictures on the huge equipment. There is a Tongan Elder emailing with us and I showed him the pictures and said "This is how we do it in Texas!". Too funny.

Mom, I loved your insight on the Savior and what He went through. I have noticed the patience He had when He was with His disciples. I need that as I train my companion. It has been a rough couple of days with him. We don't have the same outlook on our missions right now and he has said some things to me that I have seriously come SO close to blowing up. I have a hard time dealing with crap from others. I can handle it on the doorstep but from my companion? No bueno. However, I am learning patience and this is a good learning step for me. I hit my knees and pray for the comfort and strength that comes from the Savior. That has really helped me get through this, that constant pleading with my Father in Heaven to help me. The mission is hard but this is something that I have never had to go through so it is taking some time. I think of the lyrics from "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas. There is a line that says "Nothing lasts forever, but the Earth and sky". True words! That has become my motto lately as well as "Don't Tread On Me", I have a flag hanging up in my room that says that. Good learning experiences this week, to say the least.

Goodness, where to start about this week. I got SUPER sick on Monday. We were getting ready to go to dinner and I got this MASSIVE pain in my stomach that went up through my chest into my throat. The pain was constant and I couldn't eat anything. I couldn't sleep at all that night and I felt like I was going to throw up. It was 2 AM, I am laying on my bathroom floor, feeling like death, depressed, and feeling the most alone I have ever felt in my life. As I am laying there, I looked up to my Father in Heaven and started to plea for His help. I broke down, curled up on the floor as I am praying my heart out to my Savior. As I was at the lowest I thought I could ever be, He answered me. I got the impression that I needed to make myself throw up by sticking my toothbrush down my throat to induce vomiting. When I had that thought, I rolled over and looked up and thought "what in the world?! you want me to do WHAT?". But the same thought came to my mind again so I did it. It sucked but it really did help; I felt a lot better afterwards and slept a little bit. I called the Doctor and he told me that I had gastritis: where the lining of my stomach and esophagus is inflamed and there is a lot of acid in there irritating it. I didn't start feeling better until almost Friday. I went out to work on Thursday and it seriously almost killed me. NOT FUN. But Friday came and I started to feel a lot better. I am feeling tons better now. I didn't eat anything solid for almost four days! I lived off of Pepto Bismol for a week.

On Saturday, we spent the day with Robert to give service. We went and helped to fix some plumbing with him at his grandparents house. His grandparents are a riot; straight from England! His grandfather plays golf twice a week and runs an estate business. I hope that I can be that active when I get to be 93! We helped there and then came to help Robert out around the house. There were a lot of projects he needed to get done before he left on Sunday for work. By the way, he got a job! Super exciting now that he isn't unemployed. We helped him and Carol out around the house getting projects done. It meant a lot to Carol, she is coming SO far! Saturday is the day so please keep her in her prayers as she continues to prepare to make this big step.

Sunday was seriously crazy. We went with Victor to get his Patriarchal blessing. It was Elder Johnson, Austin O'Harra and I, that's it. We talked and then he started the blessing. It went super well, and the craziest thing happened. While the patriarch was talking, he paused for a REALLY long time. I thought "what in the world is happening, why did he stop?". I looked up at him and I seriously could feel the presence of His angels talking to the patriarch for Victor. The Spirit was so strong there that it was almost overwhelming. It was such a good experience, it was like watching my own son grow up in the Gospel.

It's temple transfer and I REALLY need it. I need to commune with my Father in depth and figure out some things. I love you all and miss you so much.

Elder Tonini

No comments:

Post a Comment