Monday, January 7, 2013

email: January 7, 2013

I am glad to hear that things went well for y'all for the New Year. Mom, when you go to Virginia to help Aunt Annie, give everyone there a huge hug for me! Especially Drake, Luke, and Mason. Dad mentioned in his letter that y'all's church building is under renovation. That is awesome to hear! Too bad I won't be able to see it when I get back... But needless to say, that is exciting. I am going to FREEZE in North Dakota! I already freeze when it is only 45 degrees outside... But I am excited for the new change and for the great opportunity for Dad to excel in his career.

Well, transfers came and went and I am staying a zone leader here in MoVal. However, Elder Spencer is leaving to the desert. My new companion is currently serving in one of the other wards here in MoVal and lives in my apartment with me. He is a Samoan and he is my new comp and zone leader! It was pretty exciting to hear the news about him being my new comp. We already know each other and get a long very well so it will be a fun time spending it with him. I love this calling as zone leader. Even though I am not perfect whatsoever, I do like serving others. It helps me to get my mind off of things that I am struggling with and reminds me why I am here. Elder Spencer leaves this afternoon. It will be hard to see him go but he is moving on to bigger and better things. Also, one of the other Elders in my zone got called to be the zone leader out in the desert where Elder Spencer is going to. Kind of funny in that they are switching positions. Plus we are getting two new missionaries in the zone so that will be fun. Being a missionary's first zone leader is important, so that means I have to step up my game just a little bit more. Overall, transfers went well and I am excited to see how things are going to progress here in MoVal.

So about my week... It was a pretty good one besides the fact that both Spencer and I battled really bad colds. We taught Blake and Ken; they are both progressing well. Blake should be getting baptized here in the next week or so so that will be exciting to see happen. We also ate very well this week. The Bishop's son took us out to Outback for dinner and then a member took us to the Mission Inn in Riverside! Sister A*****, our primary president, called President Smart to get permission to go and take us down there to eat and to see the lights. It was so much fun! They have six-year old twins so that was quite an experience with them. We got to eat at this super nice stake house. Brother Ashley told us to get whatever we wanted so him, Elder Spencer and I got the buffet. All you can eat prime rib, pork loin, and fish! It was super good :).

I got to go back to see Jacob get baptized on Saturday! President Smart gave me permission to go back and see that happen. That was such an emotional baptism for me. I got emotional talking about baptism to him and then we both cried as I embraced him in my arms after the program. It has been so cool to see him come from rock bottom and start to fly. I also went and saw Carol while I was there in Beaumont. It was a good visit with her and she is doing well. She called me last night and told me that she wished she would have gone to the baptism of Jacob. He got up and bore his testimony to everyone. There wasn't a dry eye in the whole chapel, she said. She got to talk to him and told me that he is such an inspiration to her. She also thanked me for my influence on her family and the impact I have made. It is those kind of things that make me love my mission. I love serving and being with the people here.

Well, I love y'all and miss you so much. I think about y'all everyday and y'all are my inspiration to keep working hard. Till next week :)

Elder Tonini

No comments:

Post a Comment