Monday, September 9, 2013

email: September 9, 2013

Aye I was raised in that lone star state where we go hard
Can't do it small at all, 'cause big things our state
–“New Dreams” by Trip Lee

Sorry, I had to start off with some lyrics I heard from a Christian rapper. He's pretty good and his testimony is strong in his lyrics. I love hearing from all the kids and how things are going! Ready for my week? Let's go.

Monday was spent at the driving range with Elder Smith and other missionaries. It was much needed relief from the normal routine. The only bad part was that I got SUPER sick afterwards. I was not a happy camper at dinner and then we had a meeting afterwards with the zone leaders and I was not in a good place. After that I went home and went straight to bed.

So after Monday, I stayed home to rest. However, I had to do a DDM on Tuesday because I needed it for the new zone plan. I struggled through that... So after that I was sent straight to bed. One of the other missionaries in the Park Hill Ward was sick and so I stayed with him while Elder Child and Elder Smith went out to work. I slept seriously all day and it was much needed. We did pick up a new person to teach and put her on date so that was exciting. Elder Child did that all on his own! He's a good man. Our dinner was with the V****'s and it was just Elder Child and I that went. The other missionaries skipped out to go to Buffalo Wild Wings for 65-cent wings. That irritated me but I got over it. It was a rough day but I survived.

Wednesday was the trainer-trainee meeting and so I got to drive up to Riverside to the mission home. It was good to see all the missionaries there. I sat with Elder Johansen and it was crazy to see all the sister missionaries there. We are in trouble... There are some that are actually some who are really attractive. Or maybe it’s just my mission goggles, I don't know haha. But it was a good meeting and I enjoyed it. 





Afterwards, I went out to lunch with Anita and Spencer.  I loved it, it was a lot of fun to be with Spencer again.
Our lesson that night was with the S****'s and we had a good lesson with them. We are working with them to get them ready for the temple. Our dinner with the St****'s and we got to meet the kid's dad so that was fun. He's a good guy. We got our OYMs and called it a night.

Thursday was weekly planning and we got some good work done. We tried to go see Narida, Sister C***'s granddaughter who accepted Elder Child’s invitation for baptism, but she wasn't there. That was a bummer but we aren't going to give up. We had the R**** for dinner and that is always a fun dinner. I brought up some stuff from home and she went crazy on me. She's seriously like having another mother haha. But Brother R**** gave me a Jerry Garcia tie that is super tight! I love that family so much. We taught the G****'s that night and it was a good way to end the evening. Oh my, Friday morning started with ZDM. It went off well at first but then we got super immature when it came down to the role plays that we did. It really ticked me off; I was not happy. I sat there and didn't say a word. It was painful. We did go out and invite someone to baptism during an OYM and this crazy black guy went nuts on me. It was awesome. We went and saw a member who gave us two referrals for a family in his apartment complex. It was cool to see him be such a good missionary! Our lesson with Stevie went well and they even took us out to dinner. We went to a fast food hotdog place. It was okay; Elder Child loved it haha. We saw the G**** and had a good lesson with them.

We had the craziest service on Saturday morning. We went to clean out an abandoned house and we found some crazy stuff... We found crazy Mormon doctrine books and then we found some crack in the house. It was nuts! I got me super sick again though so that wasn't fun... Saturday was transfer calls and so it was very interesting all day. Our dinner was terrible that night... I hated it. But I ate it so we did the right thing. We got all our stuff done and called it an early night for transfers. I am staying but Elder Smith is leaving... I'm gonna miss him a ton! I love that guy. I did though make the sisters cry when I joked around when I told them that they were getting transferred... Oops. It was fun though haha. Sisters are interesting but they're a blessing too sometimes. Sunday was Stake Conference and we had lunch with Elder Smith for the last time. It was a good Sunday. We got out OYMs and made our visits so it was a pretty quick day. We finished the night picking Park Hill up and we chilled at their house. Being a missionary can be fun at times. I love my mission!

So, that was my week. Nothing too exciting but it was fun. Probably the highlight of the week was saying hi to a down syndrome kid in his car at a stop light. It was seriously awesome to see that. Well, time to help people move for transfers so I will talk to y'all later! Remember RPG: Read, Pray, and Go to church! That is our defensive against the Adversary! Love y'all and talk to y'all soon.

Elder Tonini

No comments:

Post a Comment