Monday, August 13, 2012

email: August 13, 2012

This was was the most productive week of my mission. We got 21 lessons and 160 OYMs! We smashed our old record. It took soooo much work though... This is the most tired I have been on my whole mission so far. I am excited for a pretty relaxed P-Day. I even think I might get a good workout in this afternoon after we shop.

Besides teaching a lot, we have seen a lot of success. We had our multi-zone conference this week that got me really pumped to keep working hard. We have two people we are getting ready for baptism, Ben and Antoinette. Ben is an older guy, probably in his 40's, that we found tracting. We think he is a little mentally slow so that might be an issue... We are going to have to get the Bishop's view on it and see what he thinks. Antoinette is a 17 year old girl that I have been working with since I got to Beaumont. We finally got her a goal for baptism so we are going to do everything we can to make that goal. We need to approach her dad about being baptized because that was what stopped her last time. There will be a lot of praying and fasting for her.

We did get a less active family back to church this week! Desiree called us, in tears, last Monday and needed us to come over. There were things going on in her home that she could not handle. We went over every night this week to help her through everything. She ended up coming back to church on Sunday and she had such a good time. We will continue to work with her to help her back to full activity.

Elder Larson and I had a really cool experience on Sunday. We spent some time with Tammy and Marry (they came up from Lake Elsinore to visit) and taught our 20th lesson of the week. After that, we went around talking to people to try and find new people to teach. After we finished talking to this lady, this group of people flagged us down and invited us to their party. They were having an after-church party. The church they meet in was next door and I asked to go in and see it. This church was built in the 1800's when Beaumont was a horse town. We actually got to see the 120 year-old-plus bell that still rings and to go out on the roof and see the architecture of the building. It was sooo cool! I will have to print pictures out and send them home. After that, we came and played games with the congregation that was at the party. We played different games and spent almost the whole evening there. I played this one game where we had a contest to see who could hold the most marshmallows in their mouth and say "chubby bunny!". It was sooo funny. I got it on my camera and it was so funny. Next week, I will send it to y'all. After that, we shared Issiah 1:18 with them and taught about repentance. They loved it! The whole time I talked, I saw heads nodding in agreement and even some amens to what I was saying! It was so much fun. It was a great way to end my week.

I love and miss y'all so much! I turn six months this month, a lap finished! I cannot believe that time is flying by this fast. Keep me in your prayers and the people that we are teaching. I love you all and hope to hear from y'all soon!

Elder Tonini

No comments:

Post a Comment